Graphene oxide (GO) is an oxidized form of graphene, synthesized through the oxidation and exfoliation of graphite. GO shares the same thin structure as graphene, but includes intercalated oxygen-containing functional groups. The properties and applications of GO depend on the degree of oxidation.
Graphenemex® graphene oxide is produced by a patented propietary method and process for the chemical oxidation and exfoliation of graphite.
With this method, a material similar to Graphene is obtained, but functionalized with oxygenated groups (hydroxyl, carbonyl and epoxy) and other elements along its entire surface that keeps it stable in dispersion and that also facilitates additional functionalizations with other nanostructures or molecules that give it multifunctional properties depending on its application.
Properties• It is hydrophilic (highly dispersible in water and other organic solvents to form stable aqueous colloids).
• As graphene, it has a high surface area.
• It is suitable to be used in composites as it can easily be mixed with polymers and other materials.
• It can be deposited on almost any substrate.
• It is an electrical insulator (it lacks graphene´s conductivity).
• It can be reduced to make lower cost/higher volumen Graphene.
Applications• Specialty plastics
• Anticorrosive coatings
• Antimicrobial coatings
• Reinforcement of materials
• Construction applications